7 Amazing Tips On How To Prepare For Exams
In recent centuries, the word “examination” has been associated with panic attacks, the agony of preparing for exams, and the feeling that the whole future life will be decided on the final exams.
At the same time, there is nothing super complicated in exams. Indeed, today, a person with higher education manages to pass them about a hundred times for the entire time of the study.
Exams have to be taken for admission to a prestigious school and to a specialized class, to a university, and when graduating from a university. And if so, there should be an algorithm of the best way to study for exams and a list of things to do before an exam.
Admission exams usually consist of numerous documents to fill in and a few essays to write. Essay writing is needed to evaluate a student’s ability to reason, analyze information, and make conclusions. Besides this, all colleges and universities require applicants to provide their motivation for entering a particular school or university. Often, high school students are afraid of this type of assignment due to the complexity of writing, inability to express themselves on paper, and a fear of failing the whole application campaign.
If you are one of them, don’t worry: you can carry out the application and examination process without stress if you follow our tips in this post. Also, you can contact a college essay writing service to get the necessary consultation on how to write your application essays and personal statement. Professional essay writers who work on this platform can write a paper, edit your writing, polish it perfectly, and get your voice sound throughout your essay.
Consider turning to their help if you are preparing for mid-year exams as well: college writers can consult you on writing lab reports, coursework, math problems solution, and argumentative essays.
Exam preparation tips
So, how to study for exams? Here are our study tips:
- In order not to lose head in a crisis situation, one must not set himself super tasks. (“I will prepare in 3 days for all exams and pass them for an excellent mark).
- Do not wait until the situation becomes catastrophic. Begin to prepare for exams in advance, little by little, in parts, keeping calm. If it is very difficult to gather strength and thoughts, try to remember first the easiest, and then proceed to the study of difficult material.
- The most popular mistake in how to prepare for exams is to act on the principle: “Learn all questions in turn” (for example, the remaining month is divided into 30 parts: one question per day). A good alternative is the “3-4-5” training technique. The time before the exam (year, month, week) is divided into three equal parts. In the first 10 days, you need to go through all the topics for the good grade, in the second 10 days – for the higher, and in the remaining – to polish and remove the errors. This method has several advantages at once. The main ones: knowledge is not connected in memory with the fear of being “late”, it becomes possible to learn (by repetition), and an idea is created about the subject as a whole.
- Experienced teachers argue that an unsinkable student is one who knows how to speak the language of the subject, has a concept of its general structure, knows things that you can not learn for the exam.
How to study for a test effectively?
Whether you constantly ask yourself questions like “how to prepare for a big test” and “how to prepare for final exams in a week,” the following steps are just for you.
- Organize training according to a clear plan (weeks, days, hours); if you sit down at a table with a vague goal of “doing a little work”, you are depriving yourself of an important incentive – a sense of accomplishment with the goal;
- Indicate what pace you will be engaged in during the hours of ascent, and what – in the hours of recession;
- If you feel “not in the mood”, start classes with the most interesting subject or topic for you, this will help to get into a working routine;
- When preparing for exams, it is useful to structure the material by drawing up plans, schemes, and it is imperative to do this not in mind, but on paper. Such a fixation on paper is useful because when remembering, repeating, recognition, and real knowledge are mixed, and recognition is always easier than remembering. There is an impression of knowledge, and when you need to retell it to others, say it out loud, it disappears somewhere;
- Be sure to take short but regular breaks: rest, not waiting for fatigue – the best remedy for overwork; rest not mechanically, but at the end of preparation for the whole question;
- Before an exam, it’s good to try to tell the answers to the most difficult questions in front of a mirror (preferably such as to see yourself at full height), paying attention to posture, gestures, facial expressions;
- Do without stimulants (coffee, strong tea, etc.)
- Do any distracting activity in the evening before the exam: take a walk, swim, and sleep well at night, the last twelve hours should go to the preparation of not knowledge, but the body.
The complexities of today’s learning process require a lot of time and effort from its participants. Not only is it necessary to have time to write papers that relate to students’ interests, but there is also a tremendous amount of extra work to be done. It is easy to lose your head at such a pace and a large number of papers, but with the help of the essay writer platform, you can easily cope with any workload. It is enough to contact our managers and get a ready work in the stipulated time. The main thing – you can not be afraid that the received work will not meet the academic requirements. Our specialists always do papers of the highest quality and according to academic standards only.